Search This Blog

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Judge Posner is a Cat Person

From an interview of the jurist by the Daily Beast's Noah Charney:

[Charney]: Tell us something about yourself that is largely unknown and perhaps surprising. 
[Posner]: Well, I’m a very big cat person. Used to like dogs, then I switched. I have a big crush on my current cat. I like animals generally. I’m very soft about animals. My cat is a Maine Coon named Pixie. What’s unusual about her, besides being beautiful and intelligent, but she’s affectionate. Very unusual in cats. She likes to give us nuzzles and be with us. Her little face falls if either of us leaves the house. She’s very social. She appears to recognize members of our families, kids and grandchildren. She’s a real sweetie. It’s one of the reasons I work at home a lot now. The nature of my work is such that I don’t really have to be in the office unless I’m hearing cases. I spend probably at least half the time at home working. Everything I need, I have with me or have electronic access to. One reason is that the cat wants us at home.

This point was especially important to me, but I think that the rest of the interview is very interesting as well.  I recommend that you read the whole thing.
(H/T: Howard Bashman of How Appealing)

No comments:

Post a Comment