Search This Blog

Thursday, July 31, 2014

July 2014: Bar Exam Apocalypse - Day 3

Today was the final day of the California Bar Exam. Cheers erupted when the proctor said the three incredible words, "You are dismissed." I fought a final time through the sea of people to get to the one, narrow escalator that carried me up and away to freedom.

ExamSoft's awful treatment of the bar exam now has a hashtag -- #Barghazi -- so I guess that all the hype is real. Coverage is available from more sources here, here, here, and Deadspin.

Since California is one of the few remaining states administering the bar exam today, I found that uploading the exams was not as cumbersome as it was on Tuesday, although I did get a strange error-looking message with strings of incoherent text after my files were uploaded. The website says that I'm good to go, though, so I hope that this is the last time I need to deal with them.

As far as natural and man-made disasters are concerned, today was not as dramatic as days one and two. But a building-wide fire alarm at 3:30 a.m. was still rather upsetting, and I eventually fell back to sleep wondering if I could sue everybody in my apartment building on a res ipsa loquitur theory.

The bar exam is over, and over the next few days I will be moving to Orange County and then going on a vacation to Lake Tahoe until next Friday. Blogging may be light because of this, though now that bar exam studying is finished, I may end up turning to the blog in order to fill the void.

Congratulations to all of the law students who survived this year's Bar Exam Apocalypse! I'll let you know in November if everything turned out okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment