Search This Blog

Friday, February 14, 2014

Upcoming Legal Writing Competitions Page

Legal writing contests are an excellent opportunity for students to publish the work they do in classes or seminars. Contests may be a particularly good opportunity for students interested in writing because they often offer financial rewards and many contests have submission deadlines that fall outside of law journals' slating seasons -- meaning that students can find publication opportunities even when most journals and law reviews are not accepting submissions.

I sometimes find that it is hard to keep information about these contests straight. Information about contests is spread across a number of websites, and many websites with lists of contests have broken hyperlinks, or list contests whose deadlines have long-since elapsed.

To sort out this confusion, I have decided to make a list of writing competitions whose deadlines have not yet passed. Each entry will include the name of the context, which will be a hyperlink to the contest's submission guidelines. I will do my best to keep this page updated, as I will be checking it often for my own reference.

You can reach the webpage here, or by clicking the page link which will appear under the "Pages" heading to the right of my posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment