Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Apology: Delayed Case Postings

Due to clerkship applications, I have been unable to read through the recent Supreme Cases.  Fortunately, Friday is the big day, according to this new Plan, and once I am through with applications I will get to the cases.

Cases that I hope to explore (or that I at least find interesting) - and interesting takes that I have seen on them include:

Fisher v. University of Texas.  Posts that I have found interesting include Richard Sander's, Stuart Taylor's (via David Bernstein), and Jack Balkin's.

Descamps v. United States.  I found Will Baude's post interesting.

Alleyne v. United States.  Mike Gottlieb posts about it at SCOTUSblog.

Koontz v. St. Johns River Water Management District.  Ilya Somin of the Volokh Conspiracy posts about the case here and here.

Shelby County v. Holder.  I haven't had nearly enough time to sort through the case and its reactions, but Joey Fishkin posts on the case here.

United States v. Kebodeaux.

Salinas v. Texas.  Orin Kerr posts about it here.

Agency for International Development v. Alliance for Open Society.  Michael Dorf posts about it here.

Hollingsworth v. Perry and United States v. Windsor.  While the case has not been released at the time of this post, there are already reactions in all directions, but I will leave the sorting of the legal blogosphere's reaction to a time after the opinions are released.



No comments:

Post a Comment