Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Lawmakers Catch On to the Zombie Apocalypse Implications of Florida Gun Bill

I recently blogged about a Florida bill that would, if passed, permit the unlicensed carrying of guns during state- and local-government declared states of emergency. In my previous post, I noted that the law seemed to be a pretty good idea. While, in the short run, the law may result in numerous deaths due to gunfire in the midst of riots and hurricanes, the bill will ultimately give Florida citizens the ability to fight the undead when the zombie apocalypse eventually occurs.

I am not the only person who has taken this stance. The ZombieLaw Blog notes that Florida state Senator Dwight Bullard has proposed an amendment to the bill which would change the title of the bill to read: "An act relating to the zombie apocalypse."

The ZombieLaw Blog also notes that Bullard tweeted this the morning before he filed the amendment:


The Florida Senate has postponed action on the bill. The ZombieLaw Blog asks if there is a video of the amendment being raised, which apparently happened briefly today. If there is a video record of this event, it is probably part of this video, which documents today's Senate proceedings.

I have a final exam tomorrow, so I don't have the time to locate any discussion of the zombie amendment in that four-hour video. But perhaps I will leave the session recording on as background noise while I hammer out my outline this evening, and if I happen to come across anything interesting I will be sure to update this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment